I was very honored (and surprised) to have received a One Lovely Blog Nomination this morning. It was from Living What You Love, a blog written by a lovely young woman from Cameroon.
Synchronicity would have it that this nomination came on a day when I received notification that I did not win the Red Hen Press’ Women’s Prose Writing Competition (what felt like devastating news). I’m so blessed and I thank (I don’t know her name!) the writer of Living What You Love for gifting me this nomination and that I got it before I received that news, so that I would have the encouragement to continue!
So, per rules for accepting this nomination, here are 7 facts about me:
- By the grace of god I got clean and sober in 1988
- I was only 22 years old at the time, so more than half of my life has been in recovery
- I lived on the island of Guam during 6 1/2 years of my early recovery. My jobs included: restaurant manager, archaeologist, and scuba diver for a tourist submarine.
- I have a Masters of Arts and Letters from the University of Guam
- I have two kids, 3 dogs, 1 husband, and a horse
- I love medieval reenactment with the Society for Creative Anachronism
- I am often afraid that I have nothing to offer
The ‘rules’ are:
- Mention and thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Pass this on to as many people as you can (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.
- Aishwarya Shah of Eclipsed Words
- Candace Bisram of Pocket Full of Smiles
- Larry Paul Brown of Quest: The Home Stretch